|Oil Paintings||Location: 189 McGivern Way|
I paint in oils focusing on the “plein air” tradition of painting out doors in the landscape. Most plein air paintings are completed in one session using rich color, loose brush strokes and emphasis on capturing the effect of light and shadow. I am in love with the honesty and immediacy of the plein air painting process.
Painters whose work has influenced me are Cezanne, Gauguin, John Singer-Sargent and Maynard Dixon to name just a few. I have studied and taken workshops from: Brian Blood, David Gallup, Peggy KrollRoberts, Ray Roberts, Elizabeth Tolley, Paul Shapiro, Michael J. Lynch, Kim English, Richard McDaniel, Morgan Stanley-Price, Jim Smyth, Brigitte Curt.
One of my lifelong goals is to paint in every State. My “Paint the States” paintings and stories can be seen at www.pleinairmuse.com.
I was born in Malawi in Africa and lived there until I was 16. I have lived in England and the Seychelles Islands in the Indian Ocean before coming to live in the USA.
- 2006 – “On and Off the Wall” Juried Show
- 2003 – Mountain Art Guild Juried show
- 2002 – South Bay Fine Arts Fest @ Triton Museum
- 2001 – South Bay Fine Arts Fest @ Triton Museum
- 2001 – Los Gatos Art Assoc. Open Juried Show
- 2000 – South bay Fine Arts Fest @ Triton Museum
- 1997 – Santa Clara County Fair
- Santa Cruz Oil Painters – Past President/now Plein Air Program Co-ordinator
- Member, Monterey Bay Plein Air Painters Association (MBPAPA)
Current and some previous shows
- 2012-2019 Bonny Doon Art Tour
- 2012 – Entire Year – MBPAPA (juried) show at Natividad Hospital, Salinas, Ca.
- Oct – Dec 2011 – Gallery Show at Mountain Art Center Gallery, Ben Lomond, Ca.
- Jan – April 2011 – Gallery Show at Mountain Art Center Gallery, Ben Lomond, Ca.
- Dec 2010 – Art in the Cellars – Bargetto Winery – Soquel, Ca.
- July – Aug 2010 – “Plein Air: connecting with the Land” – Pajaro Valley Arts Gallery,Watsonville, Ca.
- Jan – June, 2010 – Santa Cruz Mountains Art Center – On-going showing of paintings in the Gallery
- Oct 2009 – Santa Cruz Cultural Council Open Studios Art Tour
- April 2009 – Sarah’s Vineyard Art Show – Gilroy, Ca.
- Oct 2008 – Santa Cruz Cultural Council Open Studios Art Tour
- April and May 2008 – One Woman Show – Costanoa Coastal Lodge, Pescadero
- Oct./Nov. 2007 – Best of the Mountains – Art Center Showcase – Ben Lomond, Ca.
- Oct 2007 – Santa Cruz Cultural Council Open Studios Art Tour
More Suzanne Elliott paintings can be seen in the pleinairmuse.com gallery.