|Plein Air Oil Paintings||Location: 189 McGivern Way|
Primarily a landscape painter, Eunice does most of her painting on site. Her plein air paintings reﬂect her love of the great outdoors. Enticed by the interplay of color and light, Eunice approaches painting by ﬁrst establishing the composition, and then plays with color, adding and subtracting until the painting comes together.
Although Eunice considered a career in art while in college, instead she got her degree in computer science, and worked for several years in Silicon Valley as an engineer. It was exciting and very demanding work, but left little time for art. When the tech bubble burst, she found she couldn’t go back to an ofﬁce and took up painting, ﬁrst watercolors and then oils.
Eunice was born and raised on a farm in North Dakota, but has lived most of her adult
life in northern California. She currently lives in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
You may contact her through her web site at evdlart.com
- 2013-17 Bonny Doon Studio Tour, Bonny Doon, CA
- 2016 “Interpretations of the Sea and Land” , Scotts Valley Library
- 2016 “Pajaro Valley: The Land and People”, Watsonville Community Hospital
- 2015 “Painting the Golden State” – Pacific Grove Art Center
- 2014 “California the Golden State” – Scotts Valley Library
- 2014 “Rhythms of Still Life” – Santa Cruz County Bank
- 2010 “Connecting with the Land: Paintings of the Santa Cruz Land Trust” – Pajaro Valley Gallery, Watsonville, CA
- 2010 “This is Santa Cruz” – Santa Cruz Art League
- 2009 “Santa Cruz Oil Painters” – Sarah’s Vineyard, Gilroy
- 2004-2010 “Local Essence” – Santa Cruz Art League Membership Show